When it comes to your wedding day, there is absolutely no doubt that it is supposed to be the happiest day in your, as well as your partner’s life. And even though making plans for your wedding day is always a beautiful, adventure-filled experience, it is pretty safe that it can also be quite a stressful thing to do for some people. There are so many different things that you need to think about that it can sometimes be overwhelming for some couples.
So, what is one of the very first things that you should do after you get engaged? Well, the answer to this question is actually quite simple — you are going to want to have a nice place where you will be able to share all the information regarding your wedding day with both your family and your friends. And what better place than the Internet, right? With this in mind, designing a nice website will be one of the very first things that you will want to do after getting engaged because there is no doubt that you will want to share your beautiful love story with you and your partner’s loved ones.
Why You Should Consider Using a Wedding Website Builder
Creating a nice wedding website is one of the best ways to showcase what your big day is all about. In other words, it makes everything so much easier when it comes to both sharing information with your family and friends and ensuring that the event runs as smoothly as possible. But since there are so many different wedding website builder options that you can choose from these days, we understand that it can be pretty difficult to pick just one.
That being said, we have decided to write about some of the best wedding website builders that you can find these days. And now, here are six wedding website builders that just about any couple out there should try!
Wix is one of the most simple, yet one of the most versatile wedding website builders out there today. We can easily recommend it as one of the best wedding website builders out there because it is just so easy to pick up and use, even if you don’t consider yourself an expert when it comes to this kind of thing. Also, the learning curve is pretty small here since the Wix editor is largely based on the drag-and-drop principle. Simply put, what you see on your computer screen is exactly what you will get. Wix plans start from free, but you might want to consider choosing one of its paid premium plans instead (from US$4.50/month to US$24.50/month).
- Wix is extremely easy to pick up and use.
- It contains a whole lot of different apps to add extra functions to your wedding website.
- Wix features 26 customizable wedding templates that you can choose from.
- The level of creative freedom can be quite overwhelming for some users.
- You cannot switch from one template to another.
- The free plan will not let you connect a personal website address to your wedding website.
Weebly is one of the most reliable wedding website builders available today. Its amazing editor will help you have your wedding website online in no time. The drag-and-drop functionality allows you to take one of Weebly’s many templates and really make it your own. It is also important to note that Weebly’s simple user interface can be a real life-saver for busy people who want to have an amazing-looking wedding website without having to pay too much money on it. Speaking of money, while it is true that Weebly has a free plan in place, you should totally consider using one of its premium pricing options instead (from US$5.00/month to US$25.00/month).
- Both a free plan and some really cheap pricing options are available.
- It has a large number of apps that you can use to provide extra information for your guests.
- The platform is extremely easy to use.
- The free plan might be pretty limiting for some couples.
- Structured templates will limit your creative freedom.
- The designs are nothing special.
If you would like to really emphasize your stunning designs and showcase you and your soon-to-be spouse’s beautiful photos, it is safe to say that Squarespace is the right option for you. Although the number of templates is not as high as that of some other wedding website builders, the main goal of Squarespace is to help you build a gorgeous-looking wedding website that people will actually want to visit. Every single template that this website builder has to offer is not only clean and crisp but also eye-catching and extremely easy to navigate. Keep in mind that this platform does not have a free plan in place, so you will have to spend some money to use its features (from US$16.00/month to US$46.00/month).
- You can easily integrate the registry app into your wedding website.
- Squarespace offers some of the best designs that you can find these days.
- It allows you to do some really cool things with both your photos and your videos.
- Squarespace is not as beginner-friendly as some other wedding website builders.
- There are not that many templates for you to choose from.
- It does not offer any free plans, so you will have to pay if you want to use its features.
One of the best things about this platform is the fact that its main goal is to make your wedding website look as good as possible. This platform comes with this really cool personalized wedding app that both your family and your friends can download and use to get both directions and information regarding your wedding day, which is especially useful during the COVID-19 outbreak. Also, there are more than 500 different wedding-themed designs for you to choose from, so you really have a great opportunity to make your website look attractive to your acquaintances. However, this platform does not offer any free plans, which might be a bit of a turn-off for some couples, but it is still a great choice since it is a one-month payment only (about US$58.90 for the Appy Boutique package and about US$176.70 for the Appy Luxury package).
- Appy Couple covers all the most important things that you can think of when it comes to your wedding.
- The platform comes with a personalized wedding app.
- It gives you the ability to organize your entire wedding from the comfort of your home.
- It doesn’t offer as much creative freedom as some other wedding website builders.
- The platform doesn’t offer any free plans or trials.
- It will probably take you some time to set up your wedding website since there are so many different features that you need to think about.
If you would like to build a simple but efficient wedding website, you might want to give Joy a chance. Joy is a free wedding website builder that is extremely easy to pick up and use. Despite the fact that this platform is free to use, it is still equipped with all the right tools that you can use to build a great-looking website that both you and your partner — as well as your family and friends — will love. It even features a nice phone app that your guests can use to get venue directions and share photos with their loved ones, which is a great thing for anyone who decides to stay at home until the COVID-19 crisis is over. However, one major downside to using this platform is the fact that there are only two website layout options that you can choose from. But it will still cover all your wedding essentials!
- Joy is both beginner-friendly and extremely easy to use.
- It comes with some nice tools that can help you cover all your wedding essentials.
- The platform is completely free to use.
- There are only two website layout options and one template.
- You might have some difficulties when it comes to using your own personal website address.
- The lack of creative freedom might be a turn-off for some people.
Whether you are a website design expert or whether you are still just a beginner when it comes to this kind of thing, The Knot is always a great option for just about any couple out there! The Knot is completely free to use and it comes with pretty much all the wedding planning tools that one could need. It also has some really beautiful designs for just about anyone. You can message your guests straight from The Knot App, which makes everything so much easier for everyone involved. And on top of that, the people behind The Knot are always working on making improvements and adding new designs to the platform.
- There are more than 160 different templates for you to choose from.
- It is super easy to set up your wedding website with this platform.
- The Knot App makes everything so much easier when it comes to keeping in touch with your guests.
- You will have to pay an extra fee if you want to personalize your wedding website URL.
- There are no extra features to spice up your wedding website with.
- The platform’s restrictive editor means that you cannot really let your imagination flow.
Building a wedding website should always be a stress-free experience. To turn that dream into a reality, you just need a little bit of help from one of the aforementioned wedding website builders. No matter which one of these six website builders you decide to go with, you will get to save both time and money!